Greenify help you identify and put the bad behaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in an unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground, similar to iOS apps!
ROOT is required.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app:
* Persistent background services
* Broadcast receivers, which respond to global device events, such as network state change, SMS reception.
* Alarms, which activate background task at specific time or interval.
* Widget update. Widget should display but may or may not update because periodic update sometimes involves background task.
* Push message. Push is also disabled since it would activate background task on Android, unlike iOS which just shows up messages to user.
Please DO NOT greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you never rely on them. Please be sure to verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily relies.
Compared to other popular tools aimed for the similar purpose, Greenify offers the following advantages:
◆ Unlike the “Freeze” feature in “TitaniumBackup Pro” that totally disable the app, you can still use your app as usual, share content with it. No need to freeze & defrozen it.
◆ Unlike “App Quarantine”, you can launch greenified apps in any way as usual. No more crafted app-launch widgets, no more manual disabling.
◆ Unlike “Autostarts”, you can benefit from almost all of its advantages, without needing to deal with the complexity and risk of obscure app components, and never lose functionality when app is actively running.
◆ Unlike any “XXX Task Killer”, your device will never fall into the cat-mouse-game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing, which unnecessarily consumes much battery juice.
Note: Greenify do need a background persistent “Cleaner” service to put the greenified apps back into hibernation when you are not actively using them. It is designed and implemented in extremely lightweight, with an average RAM footprint at 3M in total, and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
In case you cannot install from Play store: http://oasisfeng.com/Greenify.apk
=== PERMISSIONS ===
INTERNET: Needed by “Raise Your Voice” program to send back only small amount of anonymous statistics data, without privacy information. You can opt-out at any time.
READ SENSITIVE LOG: To analysis the wake up cause of greenified apps.
GET ACCOUNTS & WRITE SYNC SETTINGS: Control the account sync of apps if its sync task is too frequent.
=== FAQ ===
* Why not support Android 2.x?
* It seems that automatic hibernation is not working.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* De-greenified apps still got no push notification!
Read here: http://goo.gl/1F5pY
=== Beta Channel ===
See G+ community board: http://goo.gl/MoszF
=== Translation ===
=== Donation ===
If you love Greenify and want to donate, please consider the “donation version” http://goo.gl/fpz5l to try out fresh experimental features, such as:
* Greenify system apps
* Allow GCM push for hibernated apps
* Detect “who” woke the hibernated apps
v1.95 beta 1
Show more persistent services in App Analyzer.
Greenified system apps will no longer wake up during device boot.
GCM patch can be disabled now.
Click Here to Download App